My posts have been far and few between for the past few weeks. The holidays kept me busy and I just needed a break. However, I no longer have an excuse. It is time to start posting again in preparation for a new semester of artXploration. Unfortunately, I have been feeling uninspired.
My lack of inspiration got me thinking. What are the best cures for the uninspired? I found a post at 1stwebdesigner.com with 6 ideas for finding inspiration. I like the list because it is simple but covers all of the bases. I have reviewed my interpretation of the list below. Feel free to take a look at the original posting.
- Cultivate Your Imagination. Today, let your mind run wild. If you find yourself fantasizing over a ski trip to Switzerland or your childhood dream of becoming a famous ballerina, let it go. Let your mind do the impossible. Stop being practical and see what you come up with.
- Return to Nature. Take a look at the world around you and appreciate nature’s beauty. The soft flow of a river or the mystical arch of a tree may spark your creativity.
- Go shopping! Head over to the mall and embrace the buzz of the busy stores. Listen to the shoppers, examine their mannerisms, and pay close attention to the design details of their purchases.
- Share. Talk to your fellow creatives. What are they doing? What has inspired them today? Share your thoughts and ideas.
- Solitude bears fruit. Find some space to relax and meditate. Clear your mind so there is space for some artistic action to take place.
- Try something new. Make a conscious decision to alter your routine. The change can be as simple as trying a new food or as drastic as bungee jumping. Either way, step out of your comfort zone and exercise your mind with a new venture.
If you also have the winter blues and are feeling uninspired, try one of these 6 ideas today. I hope creativity finds you!